Telecommuting in the 21st Century
Some money / time saving ideas
Towards the end of the 20th century only a slight emphasis was placed on telecommuting. When feasible, practical and possible, it is to everyone's benefit to consider a smarter way to do work. Regular group meetings readily lend themselves to telecommuting. Use of idea sharing / networking would work well via a blog instead of driving to some central office.
Some Employer / Community Benefits
1. Conserving Energy
2. Preserves Our Environment
3. Promotes Safety - Avoids rush to work traffic
4. Allows selection of a remote worksite for web cam conferencing closer to where you work and live. A Blog where ideas are shared works well.
5. Improves Productivity - avoids disruption of the regular work schedule
6. For government employees - Saves money : tax dollars going out for expensive mileage reimbursements, etc.